On 03/26/2012 10:32 AM, David L. Johnson wrote:
On 03/26/2012 09:35 AM, Bieniasz wrote:
1) I notice that apart from *.lyx files there are also files with extension lyx~. I presume these are "previous" versions of the *.lyx files, produced
when any changes are made to the *.lyx files. Is this so?

Yes, but it only applies to the current editing session. The ~ file is a copy of what you had when you started working on the file. Next time you load the file into LyX, it overwrites that ~ file with the then current version.

LyX produces such a file each time you save, if you've not disabled this feature.

2) I observe that some other files are also created, the names of which begin
with #. What are these files, and can I delete them safely?

Those are emergency saves, if LyX crashed.

These are autosave files, if you've asked LyX to save automatically every N minutes. But they should be removed by LyX on shutdown. If not, then, yes, there was probably a crash. Emergency save files have names like: file.emergency.lyx.

Richard