On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:57:52 -0400
> Richard Heck <rgh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On 03/31/2012 04:11 PM, iustifico wrote:
> > > Dear People on the lys-users-list,
> > >
> > > I am trying to adapt the examples posted in the lyx-wiki
> > > <http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Indexing> to make an index entry point to
> > > another one. Like

> > > Joe, 1
> > > John, see Joe
> > >
> > > But all

> > > Joe, 1
> > >
> > > See the minimal example and the pdf output for how I adapted the
> > > information from the wiki. I am using lyx 2.0.3 on Mac OS Lion.
> > >
> > > Do I miss something maybe?
> > >
> > I think we need to update this a bit. What you need to write is:
> >      Jimmy|see[ERT]{[/ERT]Joe[ERT]}[/ERT]
> > where the ERT stuff means: put the brackets in ERT. The problem is
> > that LyX is escaping the brackets for you, which is usually the right
> > thing to do, but not here.
> >
> > Richard
>
> I've found it much, much, MUCH easier to do see and seealso entries in
> a separate text file, and then add this to the document preamble:
>
> \input{seealso.inc}

Excellent suggestion. I did the same for my book and avoided all the
problems Richard pointed out.

S.

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org