On 04/11/2012 04:07 AM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
From: Bert Lloyd [bert.lloyd...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:13 PM

Is it possible to track changes but not actually have the tracking be
apparent in the document while I am working?
You can edit without track changes enabled and then use tools>  compare (with the
"enable change tracking features in the output" checkbox checked).

This works, but is slower, and doesn't record the changes for your co-author.

We really should fix this, and it shouldn't be that hard. It's often requested. Can someone please file a bug about it? Check first to make sure there isn't already one, though. I'll try to get to it, maybe even for 2.0.4.

Richard