On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 04/16/2012 09:22 AM, stefano franchi wrote:

>>> If you do the first thing I suggested, with the pointless regex, will
>>> that
>>> work?
>>>
>> Richard: I guess I'm still not getting your suggestion. Yes, the
>> pointless Regex matches correctly, but I still don't [or "didn't," see
>> below] know how to put the space back in in the replace field
>
> Oh, sorry, I see the problem.
>

>> Enrico: Thanks for your suggestion (which I would have never dreamt
>> of). It works, but I have two issues with it:
>>
>> 1. I can insert a space back in with  empty ERT+space, but then I have
>> my file littered with all these empty ERT boxes. They are ignored in
>> the pdf output, as they should, but there are still very annoying. Is
>> there any way to get rid of them?
>>
> Maybe that one could be done with a script. Another option would be to add
> the space back in with something like "XXXXX ". Then you can replace that
> with nothing.

Ah right...the old trick. I had forgotten about that (used to do it
all the time on my wife's word files to get rid of double
end-of-paragraphs). Thanks for reminding me.

>> 2. Every time I try a global find and replace on my file (it's a
>> chapter, about 25K words) with the suggested pattern (i.e: Find field:
>> [REGEX \s"] Replace Field: CTRL-L " ) , Lyx gobbles up all the ram
>> available until it crashes. Is this a general issue with the advanced
>> F&R?
>>
> There have been some reports of this kind of behavior.

Glad to know it is not me...

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org