El 16/04/2012 04:49 p.m., Andrew Parsloe escribió:

On 17/04/2012 7:21 a.m., Alex Vergara Gil wrote:
> I want to personally congratulate Mr Andrew Parsloe for this piece of
> art. It's outstanding and is what I'm looking for a few days ago, there
> are off course some issues I want to discuss:
>
> 1. when you import from BibTeX the coding as \textsc{} or \'{} are
> imported as text, I know this is a first approximation but it will be
> desirable that all the coding are imported as their meaning (to
> acomplish LyX phylosophy) and then exported again as coding. I mean when > you have an accronym ABCD then the exported line should be \textsc{ABCD}
> and when you have accents like ó then the exported character should be
> \'{o}, and so on.

Thanks for the kind comments. I did wonder about importing the bib files as LaTeX files so that commands like \textsc{blahblah} meant blahblah was displayed as small caps in LyX, and correspondingly, exporting as LaTeX so that the reverse happened, but it seemed *much* more complicated: some formatting, like the small caps, to be translated into LaTeX, some formatting, like the list environments used for the overall display of the records, not to be translated into LaTeX. A few thoughts of this kind convinced me that converting to and from *text* rather than LaTeX was the way to go (i.e. was within my technical competence).
Ok, but is still posible to do, perhaps in the future someone can.

> 2. It will be desirable to have the standard sections of a bibliography
> in the definitions, so when you add a new reference you must just only
> fill the sections such as author, journal, title, and so on.

If you mean having a blank record available like

@book{,
author = {},
title = {},
Yes this is what I meant

then you could create one in a yellow note (or a deactivated branch) and simply copy and paste as required. In biblatex there are so many possible fields that having a blank record containing all possibilities would be a hindrance rather than a help. I found it helpful to associate a shortcut key (Ctrl+=) with
Yes, there are many posibilities but there are also some of them that are mandatory (author, title, year, for articles journal, for books editor, and so on). I will try on yellow notes and I tell you later what I get.

command-sequence self-insert  = {},; char-left; char-left;

which inserts ={}, and puts the cursor between the braces, waiting for stuff to be typed.

Andrew