Tonight I decided that when I was citing books or reprints that had been
given to me, I should probably add an acknowledgement, like so:

The authors wish to thank donors for the following reference materials: [#]
from Jane Doe, [#] from John Doe, and [#, #] from anonymous sources.

However, I'll have to manually edit this acknowledgement if I drop one of
those sources, or if I receive and cite another reprint. It also occurs to
me that I'd have the same issue if I were buying source materials with
grant money, since then the citations would determine which grant numbers
went on which papers. (At least, that's how I understand funding
disclosure, although as a grad student I'm new to the subject.)

Is it possible in LyX to automatically manage acknowledgements and grant
disclosures, when some of them are tied to particular citations?

Sincerely,
Chris Hennick
Trent University
Peterborough, ON, Canada