Dear all,

I used document class 'article' with Sweave module added in LyX version 2.0.3
to write a short Sweave document:

Hi !
<<>>=
a <- c(1:10)
b <- c(11:20)
d <- cbind(a, b)
d$a
@

I got error: "LyX: cannot convert file" when compiled it. My suspect is LyX
cannot handle the '$' sign in Sweave code chunk. When I used another way to
write the last code line, it worked fine:

Hi !
<<>>=
a <- c(1:10)
b <- c(11:20)
d <- cbind(a, b)
d[,"a"]
@

I haven't known how to overcome it yet. It is a bit pity because for R-users,
'$' is one of the most common sign used in the analysis.

Please forgive me if this email disturbs you.

Thank you very much

Lam Phung Khanh
PhD student
Centre for Tropical Medicine
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit
764 Vo Van Kiet Street (Old: 190 Ben Ham Tu), Ward 1, District 5, Ho Chi Minh
City
Vietnam

Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme

In partnership with