On 20 June 2012 05:45, Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 02:02:40 +0800, Ray Rashif said:
>> On 20 June 2012 01:44, Ray Rashif <schivmeis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi guys
>> >
>> > I'm adding a _static_ list of acronyms/abbreviations/units page
>> > (because I don't want any program to mess with my style of
>> > abbreviating throughout the document), but so far I haven't been
>> > able to match the frontmatter headings, for eg. table of contents,
>> > list of figures, list of tables.
>> >
>> > I would want the heading of this custom "List of Acronyms" to be
>> > similar to the typeset "List of Tables" and so on. I've used the
>> > code from [1] and it uses section*, but it is not consistent. Is
>> > there a way I could centre the section title? But even so, I'd like
>> > a better, more "integrated" approach.
>> >
>> > [1] http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=16419
>> >

>> > --
>> > GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1
>>
>> Ermm..correction. It's not actually the list I'm worried about but
>> another custom frontmatter - a declaration page. The list of acronyms
>> would be left aligned, but not the declaration.
>>
>> So, the real question is, how would I go about adding a custom
>> "declaration" page with the title centred (and not left-aligned by
>> using section*)?
>
> :-)
>
> It's time for my monthly "fingerpaint the frontmatter" suggestion.
>
> In my opinion, the styles based nature of LyX is ideal for a document's
> Mainmatter, where everything should be consistent.
>
> But in my opinion, the frontmatter is a bunch of one-off stuff that's
> much better done using ERT than trying to shoehorn a Document Class
> into doing stuff like center aligning something or tailoring vertical
> space, or for gosh sakes including a full sized cover image.

That is my own opinion as well (I have customised a lot with ERT), but
was hoping I would receive some pointers on how to style (with ERT)
pages to match each frontmatter type.

Currently I'd like a "Declaration" page with the title centred just
like the Acknowledgements and Abstract environment. The "List of
Abbreviations" would be left aligned and typefaced exactly as the
"List of Tables" and so on.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1