On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Rainer M Krug <r.m.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Problem: I would like to avoid that I accidentally change something in the
> other documents and
> save it.

Have been there..

> Is it at the moment possible to make a tab as "read-only" or, if not, could
> this be easily be
> implemented? I consider this a useful feature for cases like mine at the
> moment.

Bug #6692 ( http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6692 ) deals with it.

I proposed to include a 'Documents > Disable Editing' menu entry that
would mark a document as read-only for the given LyX session. You can
easily re-enable editing via the same menu item.

The bug was resolved as 'wontfix' because of lack of interest for that
feature. For the record, I still think that this feature is very
useful and I would (again) propose to include it in base LyX. (For
example, LibreOffice has this feature via a 'Edit File' toggle
button.)

Regards
Liviu

PS Right now the bugtracker seems down.