Hi Richard thanks for your answer.
Yes, the BibTeX bibliography settings is set for 'all cited references'.
I also tried to rescan the database before running latex but that did not
change anything.
I should mention that I am using biber-natbib for my references (maybe
that's the reason).

In my preamble I have:

\usepackage[style=geb,natbib=true, backend=biber]{biblatex}

Then in the document:
Note: BibTeX Generated Bibliography
\printbibliography

Any ideas?