On 07/12/2012 11:23 AM, Nergis wrote:
Hi,

I would like to ask two questions. I am using the article format for my
thesis

First, I would like to add the abstract, acknowledgements to the table of
content which I can not do right now.

Secondly I have sections like introduction, method but I would like to have
it in this format:

Chapter 1
Introduction

instead of

1 Introduction
Is there a particular reason why you are using the article style? Articles don't have chapters, they have sections (as far as LyX style goes). Try a book style; whichever one fits your area best, and see if that doesn't work better for you.

--

David L. Johnson

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job.
                -- Douglas Adams