On 07/11/2012 09:19 PM, Allen Wilkinson wrote:
Richard,

I read all of Section 5.2 on layouts. I used it to modify the article.layout file to nagauth.layout, which is poor for nagauth.cls.

There are a tons of things being set in layout files, especially when you drill down into stdclass.inc and its included .inc files.

In the linked file lyxmacros.inc the "Style Address" is noted. How can I control the nagauth.cls \address definition be used {placing author addresses right after the authors on the title page} and not the \lyxaddress definition?

If you don't want to use that definition, then start with:
    NoStyle Address
and then redefine it as you wish, e.g.:
    Style Address
        LaTeXType command
        LaTeXName address
        InTitle 1
    End
Pretty basic, but it should come close to working. LaTeX will take care of putting the address in the right place.

The same goes for "Style Abstract" in the stdstruct.inc file. How can I force the abstract to happen on the title page right after the \address content? nagauth.cls renames the 'abstract' to 'Summary' LyX output seems to botch that renaming.

I'd have to see nagauth.cls to be sure about this. In the article class, the abstract appears on a separate page when the titlepage option is given, and LyX's default definition is for that case.

I am looking for a manual on the structure and meaning of all elements used in layout files. Customization help file doesn't come close to that need.

I still don't understand what it is you want. You want something that says what each and every style that is defined does? If so, then I'm not sure why looking at the layout files themselves isn't sufficient. That's what I do.

Richard