On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 18:49:28 +0000 (UTC), Paul A. Rubin said:
> Put the list in a minipage?
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

That ain't a half bad idea.

Lately I've explored LyX environments with a LatexType of "Command",
which bestows unbelieveable power and configurablity, which I could
probably use to make these lists.

If I did this, I'd probably start from scratch, as described here:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/lyx/ownlists.htm

I'm still considering, rather than completely strongarming it by using
a minipage (great idea, Paul) to use some sort of rubber lengths to
bias it against page-splitting, but if I have a 30 item list, it will
split it rather than having almost-blank pages before and after.

Thanks

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt