Ok, reading the tikz discussion list, I have discovered that the
perspectives do not seem so gloom, the developer is preparing a new release
for August that would comply with the constraints of CRAN.
In the mean time the RForge road stays available.

--
Prof. Murat Yildizoglu

Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV
GREThA (UMR CNRS 5113)