Hello to you all,

Recently, I bumped into a 'bug' that effects the export of Hebrew LyX
document into XeTeX documents. The bug was fixed by Jürgen Spitzmüller and
myself, and it works grate for Hebrew.
For more information, see
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8251

But as Arabic and Farsi are also Right-To-Left languages, I assume this
correction also effect these languages. From 1st glance, it seems that
Arabic also works good now, but I have no real experience in writing
Arabic\Farsi in LyX. If you do use LyX in Arabic or Farsi, I will be happy
if you'll help checking it.

System Req:
- New version of LaTeX, like texLive 2011 (texLive 2009, as in Ubuntu, have
an old version of Bidi and polyglassia packages, so you'll have to install
them manually,  http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/polyglossia,
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/bidi/ )
 - LyX, updated GIT version with the patch rtl2.diff from
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8251
 - Unicode-enabled TTF arabic\farci font. I used Debian package
fonts-sil-scheherazade for arabic font.

What to do:
- In an old (2.0x) LyX version, write an arabic document.
- Document->Preferences->Fonts.  mark 'use non-Tex fonts' and choose a
proper arabic\farsi font from the available combos.
- Write a document that contains many braces, ( ) , <> , {} , []  [in
Arabic\Farsi and in English, not in math)
- Compile the document using XeTex  (View->View [other formats] -> PDF
(XeTeX)
- Is the document compiled properly? is all the braces are as expected?

Do the same thing with the patched GIT version:
- Is the document compiled properly? is all the braces are as expected?

If, in the patched version not everything works grate, please attached the
original LyX file, the output PDF, and if possible, also the XeTeX output.

Thanks,
Ronen.