A big problem appears even in OS X 10.7 when you use it on a 2012 Macbook Pro
with retina display. The antialiasing makes the text look blurry because the
application can't run in native high resolution. The latest version of the Qt
framework supposedly allows high res, but I don't know yet how to compile LyX
with that feature. Retina displays look stunning when high res works, but look
downright broken with applications that don't support it.

Jens