On 08/22/2012 07:17 PM, Daniel Schuster wrote:
Hi,

I discovered Lyx a week ago and I
am fascinated about the effectiveness
and simplicity.

But there are two things that make working with
it very frustrating.

First thing is that I recieve this error message
when I use some Layout options an click in the PDF
preview button.

Latex Error: document style/class '*' error

The other is with floating graphics. When I paste
them Lyx says that it is about to convert them...
When i run the PDF only half of the graphic is in
the document and it covers Text.

In both cases, you will need to be a little more specific before
we will be able to help you. Which "Layout options" give you this
error specifically?

Better yet, can you post an example file (preferably as small as
possible, so as not to confuse matters) that causes these errors?

Richard