Hi,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem (see mail below) since I upgraded
from lyx 2.0.1 to lyx 2.0.4. You can easily reproduce:
- File->new from template
- choose springer/svjour3.lyx
- remove the figure floats (the pictures were not found in my installation,
opensuse)
- add one algorithm float (it's the float that generates the error, not the
algorithm itself).
- generate pdf

I obviously could downgrade again, but I have read somewhere that lyx 2.0.4
includes better sprinter (svjour3/svglobal) layouts. Any idea on how I can fix
this quickly ?

If there is no simple fix, I'll just downgrade for the moment as I really need
it.

best regards,
Ivo

John Perry
Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:36:41 -0700

Hello

The svjour3 class used to work fine in Lyx 2.0, even with the algorithm float.
I just upgraded to Lyx 2.0.3 on two different computers, and I get the error,

! LaTeX Error: No counter 'chapter' defined.
Type H <return> for immediate help.
l.22 \newfloat{algorithm}{tbp}{loa}[chapter]

Any advice on getting around this? I checked the layouts, and they're not
introducing this.

regards
john perry