This is more of a latex question. Bibtex finds the location of BIB files
from the environmental variable
BIBINPUTS. This is true on both Windows and Mac, and has worked
so far. But suddenly, today, it doesn't
work on Mac anymore. What I have used until now is the
following method

In finder, choose Go->go to folder... ~/.MacOSX
Edit "environment.plist"
Add BIBINPUTS as a new key, and put path(s).
Restart computer (seems necessary).

But again, this doesn't work anymore. Any suggestions?

I did some search on the internet, and it seems the /.MacOSX doesn't work
 any longer in Mountain Lion
(but I'm pretty sure I did compile after installing mountain lion). People
say things should now be set in
launchd. But, hey, that's too technical for me. Anyone have a solution
for directing bibtex to look for bib
files in a central location?