On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Bob Merhebi <bobmerh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> well thanks but I do not have any fancybox in my preamble; ill ive got is:
>
> \usepackage{isomath}
>     \renewcommand{\vec}{\vectorsym}
>
> Honestly, I'm not sure wha fancybox is (except from "box")!
>
> besides, how do I install fancybox? is it the one in the
> texlive-latex-recommended package?

On Ubuntu it seems to be in the texlive-latex-recommended [1] package.
Try locate to check if you have teh relevant file installed.

[1]
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=fancybox&mode=filename&suite=precise&arch=any

Hmm, then I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe if you could post a _small_
reproducible example we could understand better what's happening.

Regards
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?