Am 13.12.2012 18:11, schrieb Gerhard Holzinger:

I would like to make a suggestion for a new feature.

When I try to compile a file using LyX and there is a syntax error, the LaTeX
protocol tells me in
which line the error occurred. If there were line numbers displayed in the
sources window, it would
give me a clue where in my LyX document the cause for this error is located.

What is your opinion on this, and what is the 'official' way to make a feature
request?

+1 from me. To assure your suggestion is not lost, can you please open a new enhacement bug in our bug tracker:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome

thanks and regards
Uwe