Richard Heck <rgheck <at> lyx.org> writes:

> On 12/23/2012 12:33 PM, Robert Matthews wrote:
> > I am documenting some software, for part of which
> > I need to put in a program listing box "--->".
> > Note that the 3 dashes are part of the syntax - I do
> > NOT want it converted to an Em Dash - which is what
> > happens when I export to HTML. So, can I turn off
> > that conversion?
> What are you using to do the HTML export? Are you exporting to the
> LyXHTML format?
>
> Richard

This is my test text in a program listing box:

->
-->
--->
---->
----->

If I generate html via:
File->Export->LyXHTML
This is the relevant part:

-&gt;
&ndash;&gt;
&mdash;&gt;
&mdash;-&gt;
&mdash;&ndash;&gt;

If instead I generate html via:
File->Export->HTML
This is the relevant part:

-&gt;
--&gt;
—&gt;
—-&gt;
—--&gt;

In which the last three have a leading em dash.

Note that I am using 64-bit Ubuntu 12.10 and have installed
from the Ubuntu repositories:
Lyx : 2.0.3-3
elyxer : 1.2.3-1

I hope this can shed some light on the matter.

Robert