On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> advanced find and replace can take a lot of time. How can I stop the
> searching and exit?

Escape now does it on the development version. It has not been
backported for 2.0.6. If you are using Ubuntu, you can easily get the
development version by using lyx2.1 from the daily PPA:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnUbuntu#toc3

> I searched for
> Ca^{2+} in (mathit)
> which I wanted to convert into
> Ca^{2+} in (mathrm)
>
> however, it was not found, although there are Ca^{2+} in (mathit)
>

> Furthermore I got this
>
> No information for converting fig format files to asciixfig.
> Define a converter in the preferences.

I also get something like this when searching the Embedded Objects manual.

Scott