Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2013, 11:46:24 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:43 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann <
>
> engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> > **

> > > Ah, yes. Forgot about this. The correct syntax, though, is
> > >
> > > inset-forall Note char-delete-forward
>
> > were do I have to look for?
>
> Help > LyX Functions

Oh, yes. But still:
how do get it to work? LFUN Help is too short for my IQ

Could somebody explain how to go from my
lyx-file with yellow notes (note-note)
to another lyx-file without notes-notes?

Is it a command outside lyx where the file is part of the command?

Sorry to bother you again

but thankful:

Wolfgang

From the LFUN help:
LFUN_INSET_FORALL

Action Apply the given commands on insets of a given name.

Notion WARNING: use at your own risks; this function gives you too many
ways of shooting yourself in the foot. A typical example is inset-forall
Note note-insert which starts an infinite loop. This is mitigated by the
fact that the number of actions is arbitrarily limited to 100000. Note also
that inset-forall does not update metrics between iterations, which can
lead to bugs. This has to be eventually fixed.

Syntax inset-forall <NAME> <LFUN-COMMAND><NAME>: Type of Inset. If <NAME>
is *, all insets are matched. The name is used like for InsetLayout in
layout files: "Note" matches all note insets, while "Note:Note" only matches
LyX yellow note insets.

Sample Remove all index insets:            inset-forall Index delete-
char-forwardClose all Notes (also works for a particular branch, for
example):                  inset-forall Note inset-toggle closeTransform all
yellow notes to comments                   inset-forall Note:Note inset-modify
note Note CommentTry to put LyX in an infinite loop if there is at least a
Note:              inset-forall Note char-backward

Origin lasgouttes, 27 Nov 2009

--
Wolfgang Engelmann