I have installed all the packages as suggested and updated LyX to latest
version 2.0.5 using ppa. I also need to change to LuaTeX/XeTeX font in
Document -> Settings -> Font -> checked Use XeTeX/LuaTeX font. After that I
am able to successfully compile the file without any errors, however In the
pdf the spots with hindi language just shows up blank. tried with chinese
and russian language as well but same thing.

I am able to see those languages correctly in LyX, firefox, text editor but
not in pdf generated.
Do I need to include any font anywhere in settings?