On 16/12/2012 4:48 PM, Maria Gouskova wrote:
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:
On 10/22/2012 04:19 PM, Maria Gouskova wrote:

Thanks, Richard--example file attached! It works when everything in
the preamble is commented out, but the endnote numbers appear as
superscripts in the Notes section (which is not what I want; I need
them to be on the main line in normal size, followed by periods and
then the note text).

The right command to change is: \@makeenmark, with the @.

(Sorry about the late response!)

I replaced the preamble line

\renewcommand\makeenmark{\theenmark. }

with

\renewcommand\@makeenmark{\theenmark. }

and the result is an Undefined control sequence error:

  \footnote{
                A footnote/endnote A footnote/endnote A footnote/endnote A fo...
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

Maria

The attached seems to work for me. Is this what you are after?

Regards,
Julien