A shot in the dark:

have you tried removing the accented characters (and only the accented
characters) in the offending line and checked if the resulting file
compiles from Lyx? That may point toward an encoding issue.

Stefano

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2013, David L. Johnson wrote:
>
>  Only the end of the document needs a separate \frameend command, at least
>> when you write it with LyX. I don't know how setting up multiple chapters
>> might change that, since I only use Beamer for lectures.
>>

> David,
>
>   Huh! That's interesting. I've always put a \frameend command after each
> frame within LyX. Hasn't hurt anything. But, similar to your use, I use the
> result for presentation and workshop visuals not as stand-alone documents.
>
> Thanks for the insight,
>
> Rich

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org