Am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013, 20:24:06 schrieb Rich Shepard:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> > here is some text which in my 2column koma book displays only in the
> > left column I want half of it to be displayed on the left column, the
> > other half at the right
>
>    You want multiple columns within a two-column page? That does not
> seem proper to me. With a single column page layout you can put two (or
> 3) columns across the page, but if you already have two columns, why do
> you want to sub-divide each and put one half-colum in each column?
>
> Confused,
>
> Rich

Because:

I would like a paragraph to end in two column style at the end of a chapter
or section like this:
Original problem (A)
------------------------------   ------------------------------

   text                                           text

------------------------------   ------------------------------

and not like this:

------------------------------

 text                                             (empty)

 -----------------------------

which can be done by using the

\usepackage{multicol}
in the preample

and in the text

begin{multicols}{2}
\end{multicols}

This would give me the desired text layout

I made several mistakes which Juergen pointed out:
1) the package is multicol
however, the TEX insertes are multicols (s!)
2) I put the Tex insert immediately behind a bold Summary
which made the Tex insert also bold, which does not work
3) if I put the begin{multicols}{2} behind the Summary and make sure it is
standard text, the Summary is not spanning both columns and the text of the
right side starts immediately after the Summary in the left side

Correcting it I still did not manage to get what I wanted:

If I use the two column document setting in the
 document setting > text layout
I still get in the summary 2 columns, the right one empty, and additionally
in the left column 2 columns

The reason is, that the two column document setting in the
 document setting overrides the multicols TEX command.

I could remove the text layout twocolumn from the document settings and
insert these multicols TEX commands behind each chapter - section etc, but
that is too much work in a large book and issue 3) above is still valid.

I guess I have to live with the (A) issue as long as there is no
alternative (by the way, it is not only on koma script, but also in the
normal book style, as far as I tried)

Anyway, thanks for the inputs of Juergen and Rich

Wolfgang