Hi Scott,
Thanks for your reply. I don't know if it is saving the file or not-
that¹s just my reasoning. The problem is that as soon as I click on
import- plain latex- within a second it flashes to the folder where the
file I want to import is and immediately closes that window and returns me
to the virgin new file without giving me the chance to select the file to
import. It all happens so fast. I just select import- plain latex and
within a second I am back in the new empty file!!!
Thanks
Mark