On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM, leonid baranov
<leonidbaran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Uwe,
>
> Really appreciate your coming to rescue.
>
> It's a month since I am lost in the ocean of Tex-reading
> and still didn't know where to start digging.
>
> I tested your attached sample. I exactly followed your
> instructions at http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/Cyrillic.
>
> Now English text is rendered in a vector font, but the
> Russian one is still bitmapped in PDF.

I did the trick once with a four-language document (English, French,
Russian and Romanian or Greek, not sure I remember) and it went OK.
Multilingual documents have been discussed on the list several times
so do search the archives. But I think the best option, or at least
the least painful, is to use XeTeX or LuaTeX with an opentype font
that provides both latin and cyrillic characters. It should be easy to
find one. Since the encoding is utf8, it should remove a good deal of
encoding related issues and teh resulting fonts should be vector. See
attached.

Regards,
Liviu

--