Using Lyx 2.0.5.1 w/ Fedora 18, TeXLive 2012 from Fedora updates.

In Tools -> Preferences -> File Handling -> File Formats I set PDF (XeTeX) as
Default Format.
In Document -> Settings -> Fonts I checked Use non-TeX fonts (via XeTeX/LuaTeX).
Then I chose the Linux Liberation fonts (serif, sans, mono).

When I tried to generate the pdf output, I got an error with the fonts.  The
first error message in the LaTeX log is:

======================
! LuaTeX error ...exlive/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luatexbase/modutils.lua:52: modu
le 'lualibs' not found
======================

So, I installed the texlive-lualibs package and the processing went a bit
further.
However, I subsequently ran into an hyphenation error:

======================
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.2-2013031016 (TeX Live 2013/dev)
(format=dvilualatex 2013.3.25)  4 APR 2013 11:21
 restricted \write18 enabled.
LaTeX2e <2011/06/27>
LuaTeX adaptation of babel <v3.8m-luatex-1.5> and hyphenation patterns for engl
ish, dumylang, nohyphenation, loaded.
! LuaTeX error ...ve/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/hyph-utf8/luatex-hyphen.lua:53: luat
ex-hyphen: no entry in language.dat.lua for this language: brazil
======================

My system did not create the dvilualatex format with the (brazilian) portuguese
hyphenation patterns.  Of course the xelatex format has those patterns.  Nor
did I find out so far how to force my system to recreate the format with the
brazilian hyphenation patterns.

What I find strange is that lyx will invoke lulalatex to process the text with
liberation fonts, even when I explicitly chose xelatex as the rendering engine.
Is this an expected behaviour?

--
Rudi Gaelzer
Institute of Physics