Hallo,

i want to make a hyphen in an out-of-line formula in LYX. The problem is, that the hyphen that I insert into my formula is rather looking like a "minus" , i.e. its longer than a standard hyphen. Can you please tell me, how to insert a normal hyphen (the short one) into my out-of-line formula. The problem is, as soon as I insert a hyphen into math, i.e. a formula, it always lokks like a minus, but like I said I need a "short" hyphen.

I hope I described my problem properly and you can help me. I would be deeply grateful.

Sincerely yours

Mathias Höger