Hi,

I'm using LyX 2.0.5.1 on a Windows 7 machine.

I am trying to put together a LyX framework that will allow me to enter some
text, set it to a particular Style, and for the text marked by that Style to
be written to a file.  The filename and path to be specified by other
macros.  The file created would then be included in my document.

(In the interest of brevity I won't go into why I would like to do this.)

With the implementation detailed below, I get an error when I generate the
PDF document:

! I can't write on file `c:/docs/test.tex'.

I have verified that I can generally create files in the c:/docs directory,
so I don't think it's a permissions or existence issue.  I wonder if it's to
do with Windows-style path names?

So for example I have this in my document (this is the source that LyX shows
for the text I've entered with Styles):

\filepath{c:/docs/}
\filename{test}
\filebody{This is the text that should be put into the file}

I've defined this in my document class:

\newcommand\filename[1]{\renewcommand\filename{#1}}
\newcommand\filepath[1]{\renewcommand\filepath{#1}}
\newcommand\filebody[1]{
        \newwrite\tempfile
        \immediate\openout\tempfile=\filepath\filename
        \immediate\write\tempfile{\filename: #1}
        \immediate\closeout\tempfile

        \input{\filepath\filename}
}

And in my layout file I have:

Style FileName
    LatexType             Command
    LatexName             filename
End

Style FileBody
    LatexType             Command
    LatexName             filebody
End

Style FilePath
    LatexType             Command
    LatexName             filepath
End

Any thoughts about what's going on would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Steve