 From: Scott Kostyshak <skost...@princeton.edu>
To: John Kane <jrkrid...@yahoo.ca>
Cc: Jacob Bishop <bishop.ja...@gmail.com>; "lyx-users@lists.lyx.org"
<lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 9:21:00 AM
Subject: Re: APA6 seems to have stopped working after upgrade to LyX 2.0.6

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:58 AM, John Kane <jrkrid...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Amazing. Both the template and a quick and dirty test file with title,
> author and one standard line of text work likea charm.  It never occurred to
> me that APA6 would require them, I guess because I was using an article
> class document without a title, etc for testing something else the same day
> and it was compiling just fine.

So this is a \maketitle problem. I guess \maketitle should not be
included if the necessary layouts aren't used.

> Well at least that means that it's likely that I have a knitr problem not a
> doc class issue.

Another hint that it was a knitr problem was the error you got. To see
what the knitr error is, look at the terminal output (and probably
also View > Messages).

> I'd appreciate that but perhaps don't waste your time at the moment . Now
> that the main APA6 problem is gone away, I can start doing some extra
> checking to see if I am just doing something silly.  My major problem was
> that because the two error messages came up almost simultaneously and
> immediately after the upgrade to 2.0.6 that I jumped to that conclusion that
> it was likely the complete  source of the problem.  I will probably be back
> asking for help in a couple of days but hopefully with narrower problem
> definition.

Sounds like it could be a regression. Great, let us know once you've
narrowed down the problem. Thanks for keeping us updated.

> I, obviously, am just floundering around with knitr/LyX/R but I really like
> it.  In particular, Yuihe has provided an externalization approach
> http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/externalization that allows one to call in
> external R scripts that looks excellent---it means that one can do all the
> coding etc in a normal manner and then just use one simple command to pull
> in the script. The savings in compile time alone look fantastic.

Yihui's site has many treasures!

Best,

Scott