Am 17.05.2013 21:46, schrieb Ciarán Ó Duibhín:

Thanks for replying.  However I'm not thinking of installing LyX just now.

Why not. Our the installer comes with all you need. Just click a few times OK and your get a fully functional LaTeX/LyX, a bibliography manager and also the spell checker is included.

I'm asking if the LyX
repository contains a Windows installer for ASpell, as the webpage seems to
imply.

With LyX on Windows you can only use hunspell dictionaries. The Aspell traces you found in the Wiki are leftovers from LyX 1.6.x. However, the LyX repository does not contain dictionaries.

regards Uwe