Am 25.05.2013 um 16:21 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de>:

> Am Saturday, 18. May 2013, 08:57:28 schrieb Liviu Andronic:
> > On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
>

> With my newly installed lyx 2.0.6 I did not get the spellchecker working
>
> I used this note:
> ##################
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lyx/+bug/880676
> I found the answer here: Yayyyy!
>
> I have now got the answer to this problem from the LinuxFormat Forum.
>
> Check in the Software Centre to see if ENCHANT is installed. If not, install
> it. Then start Lyx,select TOOLS, PREFERENCES, LANGUAGE SETTINGS,
> SPELLCHECKER. Then at SPELLCHECKER ENGINE, select ENCHANT, press ENTER KEY,
> and click on SAVE.
>
> You should now have a spell checker!
>
> So this seems like a configuration bug: the above manual config step should
> have been automatic.
>
> ###################
> However, in my case
>
> select TOOLS, PREFERENCES, LANGUAGE SETTINGS, SPELLCHECKER.
>
> has a greyed out program-selection; therefore I can not select enchant, which
> I have installed on my debian wheezy.
>
> Did I miss something?

Probably you need the development version of the spell checker package.
Check the config.log of the configure run. It should look like this:

checking aspell.h usability... yes
checking aspell.h presence... yes
checking for aspell.h... yes
checking for new_aspell_config in -laspell... yes
checking whether to use aspell... yes
checking for ENCHANT... checking whether to use enchant... no
checking for HUNSPELL... checking hunspell/hunspell.hxx usability... yes
checking hunspell/hunspell.hxx presence... yes
checking for hunspell/hunspell.hxx... yes
checking for main in -lhunspell... yes
checking whether to use hunspell... yes
…
Configuration
  Host type:                    ---------
  Special build flags:          build=release warnings use-aspell use-hunspell

Here I don't have Enchant and it's build with aspell and hunspell instead.
You should see "yes" for Enchant if you have the developers package installed.

Stephan