26/05/2013 03:32, David L. Johnson:
Here is what I mean.  I started the section, then immediately went into
a multiline equation envoronment, and got the error of "TeX capacity
exceeded".   I've learned over the years to look for this whenever I get
that error.

Hello David,

This is not what was described above IMO. This was a case where LyX crashes with an exception with a string too long. A kind of "LyX capacity exceeded", if you prefer :)

However, I have never seen something like that, and I am sure it comes from a bad bug in the code. This is why I would like to pinpoint it.

JMarc