On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:35:55 +0200
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Le 21/07/2013 13:21, Steve Litt a écrit :
> > My only question is this: Other than
> > modifying /usr/share/lyx/ui/stdmenus.inc, what file can I put it
> > in? I'd like to modify some file under my home directory so it
> > survives LyX upgrades.
>
> It seems that I anwered 1 minute too late :) Is it clearer with my
> other message?
>
> JMarc

:-)

JMarc,

Sometimes my verbalizing a question on the list leads me to find out how
to find out.

Anyway, today I'm going to try almost exactly what you suggested,
except I'm not going to include the separator or the elements. I want
this thing to be 100% pure character styles and nothing else. If it
works, this is going to significantly speed up my work.

Thanks,

SteveT