Dear Sir/Madame,

I have downloaded and installed the LyX-2.0.6 on my Windows 7 on which I had
already installed the MikTex 2.8. When i open the application a
 window pops up that no article class is found and in fact I face the same
issue with any kind of document class I need to use.

When i look at tools->tex info it shows
 all class files (i.e. it knows where the miktex installation is, at
least in some respect).

I tried to find a solution on the web and although a bunch of people is facing
a similar problem I could not trace a satisfactory solution. Thus, I would be
grateful if you could advice me on what I should do.

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Best Regards,
Yannis