Hi all,

I'm asking this here in case anyone can casually tell me something to
try. Otherwise I'll need to carve my file up like a Christmas turkey to
find the root cause.

Anyway, in the LyX environment, but not in the PDF or the DVI, section
numbers don't reset after chapter changes. So in my book, the first
section header of chapter 25 is numbered 225, and the first subsection
of its third section is 227.1. Note that the chapter numbers don't show
up in the *LyX Environment* rendering at all. So chapter 25's first
section isn't numbered "25.1", it's numbered "225", and the last section
of chapter 24 is numbered "224".

If anyone's seen this symptom before and knows of a possible fix,
please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just keep cutting this thing down
until I have a minimum example, and troubleshoot it from there.

Thanks,

SteveT