On 18/08/2013 4:44 a.m., Ignacio Martinez wrote:
When I start a new paragraph after some "LyX-Code" text, that new
paragraph is not indented.

Pleas help!!!

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Ignacio Martinez <ignaci...@gmail.com
<mailto:ignaci...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I just needed to add this to my preamble:

    \usepackage{indentfirst}

    \raggedright

    \setlength{\parindent}{1.0cm}

A couple of years ago I made a module (informal.module), which I've attached to this posting, which gave me a new environment "informal" with indented, ragged-right paragraphs with some extra spacing between paragraphs. It requires the LaTeX "hanging" package. Informal paragraphs don't lose their indent after LyX-Code. If you don't want the extra space between paragraphs in the pdf, comment out the line

\setlength{\parskip}{\medskipamount}

with a % at the left (and you may wish to adjust the 3em measurement in the line following). However this module runs into problems if your document contains primed symbols in maths mode. There is some incompatibility between primes (single quotes in maths) and the hanging package. (I intended the module for informal letters without a trace of mathematics.)

Andrew
#\DeclareLyXModule{Informal}
#DescriptionBegin
#Adds a ragged-right, first-line-indented paragraph environment
#with paragraphs separated by extra vertical space.
#DescriptionEnd

#author: Andrew Parsloe 8 April 2011

Format 11

Style informal
        Category              MainText
        LatexType             Environment
        LatexName             informal
        Margin                Static
        ParIndent             MMM
        TopSep                .4
        BottomSep             .4
        ParSep                .4
        Align                 Left
        Preamble
        \usepackage{hanging}
        \newenvironment{informal}{%
                \setlength{\parskip}{\medskipamount}
                \par\raggedright\begin{hangparas}{3em}{-1}}{%
                \end{hangparas}}
        EndPreamble
End