Dear all,
I'm seeing this strange behavior when centering a paragraph within a
table float. I see this  in both 2.0.6 and 2.1beta1.

In the attached document, each table float contains an ERT inset (for
subsequent use with Sweave) within a centered paragraph. If the ERT
inset is above the caption, then the following construct is used:
\begin{centering}
<<>>=
2+2
@
\par\end{centering}

The same construct is used if the ERT inset is below the caption _and_
there is an empty line below it (say, kept with a protected space).
But if I remove this line below, then this construct is used:
\centering{}<<>>=
2+2
@

The problem with this construct is that since it's on the same line as
the beginning of the chunk, it breaks Sweave compilation.

So is this inconsistency expected? And can it be avoided?

Regards,
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?