On 10/25/2013 04:55 PM, gordon_cooper wrote:
I quit

I thought the very same thing, except 99% of the time the LYX list has interesting news, is genuinely helpful, and quitting only would only be a punishment to myself because the <1% hurt my delicate sensibilities. I'd rather have the cherry and spit out the pit, than not have any cherries at all because they have pits.

All of the most interesting lists have flame wars. It isn't a sign that its time to quit. Its the sign that the project is mature enough to attract positive and negative attention. The Linux Kernel mailing list covers one of the most advanced free software projects of all time and is full of flames and all sorts.

I love living in New Zealand, which is full of otherwise sensible people. You probably should have quit *silently* instead of making a show of it for sympathy posts. You make the rest of us look bad.