> This is a rather uncommon (but not unreasonable) request. I am quite sure
> there is a way, at least with ERT.
>
> If I were you, I would try to get this working in LaTeX first, asking at the
> comp.text.tex usenet list. Then I would try to get LyX to generate the
> required LaTeX code.
>
> Günter

Thanks for that. I did try fiddling with commands in ERT, but none
of them worked. I'll try at the site you mention.

Also, it might be interesting to note that, in his 'footmisc' package
documentation, Robin Fairbanks repeats that it's best to avoid
footnotes in titles — but in the very same document he has
not one, but *two* footnotes before he even gets to the first
paragraph!

Sebastien