On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Benoît Bergès <benoit.ber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Scott,
>
> digging into the lyx templates I found an alternative JASA template found on
> the web (http://www2.hawaii.edu/~jcb/LyXforJASA/LyXforJASA.html). Compared
> the base one in the lyx package, this template seems to do the job properly
> on the centering of the table. I am not sure why this as I think they both
> use the same cls file. I enclose 2 examples trying to do the same thing with
> the 2 different templates.

Dear Benoît,

Please respond to the list (others may have your same problem in the
future and will find this discussion when searching; and others might
have time to help). I'm reattaching the two files you sent.

Good detective work. If what you said is correct, then it sounds like
it's a bug in the LyX layout file. I suppose now it is just a question
of figuring out which difference in the two layout files is causing
the difference in behavior. I don't have time to look into this
further.

Best,

Scott