On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:55:43 +0100
Murat Yildizoglu <murat.yildizo...@u-bordeaux4.fr> wrote:

> Very nice review. Maybe only one remark: I see atb the bottom of the
> page the following:
> Works With: Windows
>
> LyX works with the main OSs of today, including Linux and OSX, not
> only Windows. This is supplementary advantage in my eyes. I can teach
> our doctoral students LyX and friends knowing that they will be able
> to use it under the OS they use, whatever it is.

It's not only a supplemental advantage: the place free software is
really needed is Linux, because so few proprietary products bother to
make a Linux version. Also, I have a feeling Linux users contribute
more than the average amount of code to free software in general. And
of course personally, if it doesn't work with Linux, I can't use it.

SteveT