Am 16.01.2014 um 15:46 schrieb Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org>:

>>> Note that this is not a link to the file to download. This folder
>>> gives the links to download. Can you see the links? Go there with your
>>> browser. If you can see the links, does it work with wget (on Linux or
>>> Mac)? e.g.
>>> wget
>>> ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.1/lyx-2.1.0beta2/lyx-2.1.0beta2.tar.
>>> gz
>>>
>>> Scott
>>
>> OK, maybe I was unclear: The upper link will give you a page where you
>> will see all the downloadable files. Click on the LyX suitable for your
>> needs and it should download (at least did for me).
>>

> Thanks Anders. Your report of strange behavior is still difficult for
> others to try to reproduce. I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but
> when you report something like this you want to give as much
> information as possible. For example, "Click on the LyX suitable for
> your need" is different for you (Windows?) than for me (Linux). So we
> would be clicking on different links! To see if I can reproduce the
> problem, we want to click on the same link, using the same OS (if
> possible) using the same browser (if possible). Otherwise you will get
> a lot of responses of "works for me" because we are using different
> applications to do it. That will not help you. Well, actually it will
> if you're able to change OS or change browsers, etc., but it won't
> help us figure out if it's a problem on our side or your side.
>
> Which link are you clicking on? With which browser? With which OS?
> Have you tried using a different browser? If so, which one? Have you
> tried using a different computer? Did it work there?
>
> Thanks for the report. If users can't download the installation file
> for LyX, that's definitely a problem and hopefully we can get to the
> root cause of it.

Hi Scott,

sorry for chiming in… it was Uwe who had the problem and Anders proposed
an alternate solution.

I tried to download the Mac disk image myself (again) and it worked for me.

On a Mac it is like that: when you click on an ftp: link the Finder opens a
new window and than the question user/pass or anonymous (guest) is shown.
After successful login (named or guest) you'll see a regular window with
files just like a local directory. You download some file by dragging it on
your desktop or onto another Finder window. This is how it worked for me.

Perhaps it was a temporary problem or a problem at Uwe's site.

Stephan