19/01/2014 01:15, Parsiad Azimzadeh:
I am writing a layout for a class file, and attempting to make the
default output format DVI. However, I have encountered what I think is
a bug, and it has been reproduced by one other user:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/154719/set-default-output-format-in-layout-in-lyx

This is not really a bug as the feature is not supposed to define the final format (pdf/dvi...), but the initial one (tex/sweave/...).

The default OutputFormat is "latex" which is generic, but I assume you could try to set it to "dvilatex" and create a converter from dvilatex to dvi (although this is not tested nor initially intended).

Actually, I think that this dvilatex format should exist by default, but this part of the code contains a lot of of hard-coding and changing anything can be risky.

Please open a new ticket about this problem at www.lyx.org/trac/.

JMarc