On 02/17/2014 09:12 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Hello,

If I use in a section, subsection, subsubsection of a beamer presentation an emphasized word such as

Unterabschnitt 2.3 Tagesrhythmen:Drosophila

I get an error:

...section{Tagesrhythmen: \emph{Drosophila}}

The control sequence at the end of the top line

of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have

misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct

spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,

and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

Is this a known bug?

This appears to be a beamer limitation. I see the same problem using one of the example files from:

http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~frank/ENG/latex-course/latex-course-3/latex-course-3_en.html

and trying to emphasize some section text. Though, if I add \protect, it at least compiles.

Richard