Hello,

I had LyX slightly updated today as part of the Linux Mint Debian update
process. The version no. is 2.0.6 (as before I believe) but the package
no. is now 2.0.6-1+b1. But, at the same time, the whole TeXLive was
updated to 2013.

Now I ran into Babel errors when trying to compile documents that ran
fine before. The only workaround I've found is to set, under document
properties, "linguistic package" to "none".

Obviously, this is not satisfactory and there has to be a better way.

Below is a copy of the error I get. TIA for any help. Best regards,

--
Daniel CLEMENT

error message:
--8<----------
! Package babel Error: Unknown option `french'. Either you misspelled it
(babel)                or the language definition file french.ldf was
not found
.

See the babel package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.296 \ProcessOptions*

Valid options are: shorthands=, KeepShorthandsActive,
activeacute, activegrave, noconfigs, safe=, main=, math=
headfoot=, strings=, config=, hyphenmap=, or a language name.